From $599 USD per person | May 7 - 10, 2021
Enjoy 4 days exploring Savannah at the Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District on starting at $599 per person.
- May 7 - Check In & Civil War Savannah
- May 8 - Savannah Land & Sea
- May 9 - Dolphin Cruise & Lighthouse
- May 10 - Return Home
Check in at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District
Civil War Savannah!
"I beg to present you, as a Christmas gift, the city of Savannah....". So reads the opening lines of General Sherman's telegram to President Lincoln on December 22, 1864, after the occupation of Savannah. See Civil War era Savannah and the houses and buildings involved in the conflict. You'll hear about the strategies of both sidesand learn how Savannahians endured the hardships of The War. This tour begins in Warren Square and ends at The Green-Meldrium house, which is the home where Sherman was invited to stay and penned his famous missive.
- Professional guide
- History of Savannah's role in the Civil War
- Small Group experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Pass By: Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
The Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist is a Roman Catholic cathedral and minor basilica. It is the Mother Church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Savannah.
Pass By: Historic River Street
River Street is a glittering, multi-faceted gem along the broad Savannah River. The century old buildings, once cotton warehouses, have been converted to antique shops, distinctive boutiques, spectacular galleries, quaint brew pubs, fabulous restaurants, unique night spots,elegant inns and hotels.
Pass By: Old Fort Jackson
During your cruise, head down river to Old Fort Jackson, home of one of the largest and oldest original artillery pieces in the country
Pass By: Savannah Historic District
Savannah’s Historic District encompasses more than 20 city squares laid out in a distinctive grid pattern by General James E. Oglethorpe, founder of the British Colony of Georgia in 1733
- 90-Minute Trolley History Tour of Savannah
- 90-Minute Savannah Riverboat Cruise
- Hotel Pick-Up Only (select Savannah hotels only)
- Hear the captain’s tales and facts about Savannah’s port and the ships that visit
- Take advantage of the great photo opportunities of Savannah’s historic riverfront and skyline
- Food and drinks
- Hotel Drop Off after the Riverboat cruise
Stop At: Gray Line Savannah
This tour begins at noon from the Historic District of Savannah. The duration of the Tour is 5 hours. Following lunch, we will board the boat for a Dolphin Cruise
Stop At: Tybee Island
Through Tybee Island’s-waterways in search of the ever-prevalent bottle-nose dolphin playing in their natural-habitat. The ship’s captain will point out the bird life, estuaries andmarshes that provide shrimp, fish and crab with a perfect place to call home.
Stop At: Fort Pulaski National Monument & Tybee Island Lighthouse Museum
Also on the cruise are views of historic Fort Pulaski, Cockspur Island Lighthouse (built in1856) and Tybee Island Lighthouse. After the Dolphin Cruise we will stop by the Tybee Island Lighthouse overlooking the Atlantic Ocean for a photo opportunity before returning to Savannah
- Five hour guided tour.
- Complimentary pick up and return to Savannah's Historic District Hotels.
- Entry/Admission - Gray Line Savannah
- Food and drinks
- Parking fees at Savannah Visitors Center *(FREE 1st hour & $2.00 each hour following